Academic Integrity in art, design and media HE
ADM-HEA is collecting information about issues relating to academic integrity in art, design and media higher education. We hope to use any information that we collect to inform the development of resources to support students and lecturers in this area.
We would welcome your input and, in particular, your thoughts in relation to the following questions:
1. What do you think are the main issues relating to academic integrity? These might relate to promoting good academic practices, helping students develop skills in critical thinking or writing, or identifying strategies to help address plagiarism or collusion.
2. What are your main concerns relating to academic integrity?
3. What do you think are the particular challenges for some students (e.g. those who have English as an additional language)?
4. What about subject-specific issues or disciplinary perspectives relating to academic integrity – are there any particular issues here?
5. Do you think there's a place for generic resources that are designed to support students, or do you think that good academic practice should be ‘promoted’ within the discipline (or subject area)?
6. What kind of resources relating to academic integrity do you think are helpful? These might be designed to be used by lecturers, or by students.
7. Do you think there are any specific areas for which resources would be particularly helpful (e.g. where there is a lack of, or limited information, advice and guidance at present for students, or staff?)
Please send your responses to Debbie Flint email@example.com by Friday 2nd October. Many thanks for your help.