Teaching Exchange Workshop
Host a 'Teaching Exchange Workshop' in your media, communications or cultural studies department at a UK Higher Education Institution at no cost to you.
• How can the learning experience be improved for both students and teachers?
• What are the challenges that face teaching practice in your subject area?
• How can higher education practitioners support one another in designing responses to those challenges?
To explore these questions, Dr Mehita Iqani and Dr Anna Feigenbaum, project holders of an ADM-HEA project entitled Quality Enhancement and Prospective Quality Assurance through Teaching Exchange workshops in Media and Communications, are hosting a series of 'Teaching Exchange Workshops' for teaching staff departments. These workshops provide an opportunity for teaching staff to reflect on these and other questions. They also respond to the need for a proactive, collaborative and reflexive 'ground-up' approach to teaching quality enhancement (QE) and quality assurance (QA) in higher education.
In addition to providing a forum for discussion, the workshops generate two tangible outputs that will benefit your department:
(1) A school/department specific best-practices summary sheet for each participating institution.
(2) A Teaching Exchange handbook for broader institutional use with information on the process of implementing the workshop and its contributions to quality assurance and quality enhancement.
At the conclusion of this study, their Teaching Exchange Workshop model will be made widely available.
If you would like to host a workshop in your department, or would like to find out more about this project, please contact either of the co-investigators:
Dr. Mehita Iqani, King's College London email@example.com
Dr. Anna Feigenbaum, Richmond University firstname.lastname@example.org