EQUIP - call for project proposals
EQUIP is a new programme from the Higher Education Academy that will help
individual higher education institutions to identify, understand and resolve key
issues affecting the quality and effectiveness of the student learning
UK HEIs are invited to submit project proposals for EQUIP by Wednesday 30 June 2010.
The full guidance notes and proposal form can be downloaded from: http://tinyurl.com/EQUIP-details.
All enquiries about outline proposals, the programme and submission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
UK HEIs are currently facing huge challenges – reduction in and changes to funding models, global competition, and the need to engage with an increasingly diverse body of learners, for example. At the same time they must continue to ensure that quality and standards are maintained, niche markets are developed and the student learning experience is improved. EQUIP will help institutions with these challenges through:
- the development and
implementation of practice and policy to enhance the student learning experience
using institutional teams (champions);
- providing an opportunity to take an holistic approach to the consideration and analysis of evidence on the student learning experience;
- the support of the Academy team and other consultants throughout the programme;
- collaborative working and sharing practice with other participants on the programme;
- the institutional team engaging with a year-long process of development, which will be valuable not only to individual team members but also wider institutional development;
- team members gaining new knowledge and skills in organisational development;
- team leaders developing their knowledge and skills in relation to leadership, team building, using data to inform practice, influencing skills, impact assessment skills and dissemination skills;
- providing a new community of practice focussed on evidence-informed quality enhancement.