Embedding Equality and Diversity in the Curriculum
The programme will work with institutions in the higher education and college sectors to further embed equality and diversity within curriculum design, delivery and assessment. It builds on the diversity of experience and current practice in Scotland to further the development of inclusive institutional cultures which promote the success of all students.
The programme offers a wide variety of activities and resources to those involved in learning and teaching at institutional, departmental and individual levels. These include:
- Survey of individuals to better understand the strengths and priority concerns across the sector *
- Self-evaluation framework to enable the review and evaluation of progress.
- Strategic review and planning workshops to facilitate institutional planning and promote cross-sector partnerships.
- Special interest groups to facilitate networking and the co-ordination of initiatives on inclusive curriculum design and delivery, and assessment.
- Workshop series to build the capacity of the sector to address emerging common themes.
- One year change programme to help HE institutions to develop an inclusive culture.
- Brokerage service to facilitate collaboration on specific issues.
- Regular newsletter to signpost upcoming opportunities, key resources, and examples of practice.
The activities offer institutions and individuals the flexibility to engage with the programme at times and in ways that help them to further the embedding of equality and diversity within the curriculum.
* please note that the survey will close on 3 December.