'Unspoken Interactions': exploring the role of emotions, interactions and embodied knowledge in practice based subjects
- University of the Arts, London College of Fashion, 20 John Princes Street, London, W1G 0BJ
- 10 December 2007 09:00-18:00
Unspoken Interactions is an opportunity to engage with a variety of themes through a mixture of paper, workshops and panel discussions on the following topics:
- Humanizing the teaching of practice based subject areas by rethinking the role of emotional interactions
- Improving teaching with emotional intelligence
- Learning about new approaches to teaching
- Enhancing feedback effectively
- Engaging with embodied knowledge and emotional memories
- How does it feel to be an international student?
- Thinking of better ways to support student learning and professional development
£75 per delegate (including lunch)
The online booking form is available from http://www.arts.ac.uk/37007.htm
A special issue of the journal Art Design and Communication in Higher Education entitled, 'Unspoken Interactions': exploring emotions and social interactions in art, design and communication in higher education will also be guest edited by the organisers of this Symposium. The closing date for submissions for the special issue is December 14th 2007. Editors from other journals will also be present at the Symposium.