Underpinning Academic Practice with Research and Scholarship
- The Thistle Hotel, Brighton
- 7 May 2009 00:00 - 8 May 2009 00:00
This SEDA conference aims to reflect the rich variety of approaches to researching learning, teaching and assessment initiatives and aims to share experiences of creating and developing scholarly communities. In 1999 SEDA ran a successful spring conference entitled ‘Research and Practice in Educational Development(s)’. Ten years on the theme remains even more relevant in a sector which demands change and an evidence base and analysis of impact. The last decade has seen the development of new approaches to research, scholarship and evaluation, new conceptions of what it means to teach and learn and facilitate change in 21st century further and higher education and new ways in which research can inform our practice.
The conference will seek to address the following themes:
- Evaluating learning, teaching and assessment practice
- Promoting research in the curriculum
- Supporting the scholarship of learning and teaching
- Developing pedagogic research communities
- Getting funded and getting published
- Creative methodologies
- Linking research and teaching to enhance learning.
Call for Contributions
Proposals are invited which address the themes identified above. Click here for details of how to submit a proposal.
The SEDA Conference Experience
SEDA prides itself on creating a relaxed, welcoming and positive atmosphere at conferences, which encourages open, constructive and supportive sharing of ideas, experience and practice.
The conference will be of particular interest to all those involved in promoting effective change in HE and FE learning, teaching and educational development. This includes:
- Educational and staff developers
- Higher Education Academy staff
- Lecturers and teachers in further and higher education
- National and institutional teaching fellows
- Centre for Excellence staff
- Managers of academic departments
- Educational technologists
- Policy makers
This year’s conference will take place in Brighton at the Thistle Hotel. It is a stone’s-throw from the beach and a short stroll from the pier. Just round the corner are the Lanes, a labyrinth of narrow streets crammed with boutiques, antique shops, bars and restaurants. The Royal Pavilion is less than five minutes walk away. Residential delegates will be accommodated on site in en-suite rooms.
- Contact Name:
- SEDA Administration Office
- Contact Telephone:
- 020 7380 6767