The Full 360°: Mapping the Undergraduate Research Inquiry Landscape
- TC007, Park Campus at Cheltenham, University of Gloucestershire
- 1 May 2008 09:45-16:00
The Showcase aims to present excellent and diverse work in Undergraduate Research and Inquiry and Research Informed Teaching, being carried out in new universities in England. Experts, colleagues and those with an emergent interest in Undergraduate Research are all welcome. The event will include case-study presentations, a poster presentation reception, interactive Learning Café and roving Rapporteurs.
The concept of the Full 360° is to encompass views from various angles and levels, with student, academic and external Rapporteurs. The approach is therefore to take a full-circle view leading, promoting and supporting undergraduate research and inquiry, and to define some of the key areas of interest for further development and inquiry.
The programme will be more than the usual presentation and paper sessions, aiming to develop tangible outcomes including:
- Web-published Poster presentations and Case-studies of some of the models presented.
- An opportunity to share good practice and experience, and encourage a community of interested parties.
- A forum for new Universities to give exposure to ideas and engage with current debates in undergraduate research with colleagues from across the UK.
- A chance for capacity building.
- Access to valuable guidance on leading, promoting and supporting undergraduate research and inquiry.
Call for Posters
Colleagues are invited to submit poster presentations which will act as mini-case studies of the undergraduate research and inquiry or research informed teaching work you are involved with at your institution. They are encouraging both Departmental and Institutional involvement, so please pass on this invitation to departmental colleagues doing related work in your institution.
Further details including the booking form are available on the NTFS Project Web site.
Please complete the booking form and then return it by Thursday the 20 March 2008 to:
Carol Sherlock, Administrator, Learning Enhancement Support Team University of Gloucestershire, Francis Close Hall, Swindon Road, Cheltenham GL50 4AZ
- Contact Name:
- Carol Sherlock
- Contact Telephone:
- 01242 714625
- Contact Email: