The Changing Academic Profession
- Woburn House Conference Centre, London
- 22 June 2010 10:00-16:00
A one-day conference organised by Universities UK in association with, CHERI, and HEFCE.
The conference will launch a report by CHERI on the “Changing Academic Profession: UK and beyond” – the report will examine areas such as:
- The internationalisation of the profession and academic work
- Academics’ perceptions of the management of higher education institutions
- Academics conceptions of academic work
- The new generation of academics and preparing for the future
Professor Les Ebdon, Vice-Chancellor, University of Bedfordshire and Chair, Million + will chair the conference and other confirmed speakers include:
- Alison Johns, Head of Leadership Governance and Management, Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Mike Boxall, PA Consulting
- Professor Clifford Friend, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Cranfield University
- Professor Geoff White, Senior Adviser, Research, UCEA, and Professor of Human Resource Management, University of Greenwich Business School
- Stephen Court, Senior Research Officer, University and College Union
- William Locke, Assistant Director, Centre for Higher Education Research and Information (CHERI), The OU
Who should attend?
Vice-Chancellors, Principals, Pro-Vice-Chancellors, Academics, Policy Advisers, Researchers and those working in the areas of Human Resource Management, Performance Management, Workforce Development and anyone with an interest in this subject.
Cost of attending: Fee £130 (The conference fee is being subsidised by HEFCE)