Technologies of Drawing
- University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH
- 26 August 2011 09:30-16:00
One-day conference organized by the University of Huddersfield in partnership with sculpture network.
The conference will take a far-reaching view of the theme Technologies of Drawing, going beyond the opposition of hand-made and digital, and recognizing the variety of tools, techniques, devices and procedures now in circulation. This will include the differing ways in which drawing relates to three-dimensional space. Drawing will be considered from practitioner and art historical perspectives as a means of thinking, designing and making.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Prof. Deanna Petherbridge, Author of "The Primacy of Drawing" and Visiting Professor of Drawing at the University of the Arts, London
- Prof. David Dernie, Professor of Architecture at De Montfort University, architectual designer and author of "Architectural Drawing"
- Deborah Gardner, Sculptor and Lecturer in Contemporary Art Practice at the University of Leeds
- Brass Art, Contemporary artists exploring the use of both traditional skills and cutting edge digital technology
The conference will mark the conclusion of a 4-day international drawing symposium for sculpture network artists – 15 artists from 7 different countries who will be present at the conference. The outcomes of this will be on show to conference participants.
A dinner will be held on the evening of the conference. On the following day there will be a visit to the new Hepworth Wakefield and Yorkshire Sculpture Park. (Not included in the registration fee).