Symposium: 'The interdisciplinary and the intermedial'
- University of Kent, Grimmond Lecture Theatre 3
- 18 May 2010 09:30-17:00
This is the launch event for the University of Kent, School of Arts’ Research Centre for Interdisciplinary Study of Film and the Moving Image
Four speakers of international standing have been invited to give talks on a variety of innovative research projects, dealing with questions pertaining to definitions of the interdisciplinary and the intermedial.
- Professor Greg Waller (Professor of Communication and Media, Indiana University): “Japan-in-America: The Turn of the Twentieth Century”
- Dr Frank Krutnik (Reader in Film, University of Sussex): “The Culture of Suspense and Popular Forms of Entertainment”
- Dr Julia Hallam (Reader in Communication and Media, University of Liverpool): “Civic visions: the ‘local’ film 1930-1960”
- Dr Ben Highmore (Reader in Media and Cultural Studies, University of Sussex): “The Work of Eduardo Paolozzi in the 1950s”
- Contact Email: