Supporting tomorrow’s managers: enhancing employability skills in an M level curriculum
- Newport Business School, City Campus, University of Wales Newport
- 6 May 2011 10:30-16:00
The University of Wales Newport is hosting this Seminar as part of the Higher Education Academy's Wales Seminar Series.
The aims of the seminar:
- To identify themes in employability skills development informed from the methodology and lessons learned from the two year project
- To support the development of a community of practice in employability skills involving local employers, students and staff from across the University
The objectives of the seminar:
- To discuss employer-focused market research
- To enable discussion on case study examples of employability skills development in learners
- To provide opportunities for those involved in employability skills development to link together to discuss potential collaborative opportunities.
Intended outcomes from the seminar:
- Identification of employers, academics and administrators to form a community of practice in employability skills development
- Identification of challenges in employability skills development cross-referenced with enablers (learning approaches, curriculum, supporting learners, supporting staff)
50 places available on first-come, first-served basis.