Supporting and Developing Research Staff
- Woburn House, London
- 4 December 2008 10:00-16:00
Many staff and educational developers have responsibility for supporting staff in research roles. On 25 June 2008 Vitae, a new programme to champion the professional and career development of researchers, was launched, funded by Research Councils UK (RCUK) and managed by CRAC : The Career Development Organisation. Viate builds on previous work by UK GRAD Programme and UKHERD and is delivered in partnership with regional Hub host universities.
This workshop provides an opportunity to find out more about the programme and explore ways in which current models of support and development may be enhanced. The day will be a mix of plenary and parallel sessions sharing expertise from across the sector and will include such topics as:
- The national drivers/policy background
- The Vitae Project
- Schemes for Principal Investigator development and Supervisor development
- Supporting knowledge transfer and public engagement activities
- Accredited professional development pathways for researchers and supervisors.
The workshop is suitable for all those working in higher education development, whether in a research or academic management or development. The content will be adjusted to fit with the participants' interests.
The cost will be £70 and will include lunch.