Shaping Things to Come: ADM-HEA Annual Forum 2011
- RIBA, 66 Portland Place, London W1B 1AD
- 17 May 2011 10:00-16:30
What does and what should the future hold for art, design and media higher education teaching and learning? How can those teaching and supporting learning in art, design and media higher education contribute to this future?
- What pedagogic practices do we need to preserve?
- What practices should we nurture and develop?
- What can we afford to ditch?
Colleagues from the Art, Design and Media Subject Network anticipated future scenarios and lead discussions exploring pedagogic practices that they believe will stand us in good stead. Their work examined contexts and pedagogic issues including:
- student engagement,
- supporting international students,
- supporting postgraduate research,
- the employment and enterprise context,
- education for sustainability / sustaining education
- community engagement,
- using technology to support learning,
- open education.
There were also opportunities to explore how cross / inter-institutional collaborations can enhance learning and teaching in art, design and media higher education. The day aimed to provide a forum for open discussion and we hope that delegates came away with exciting ideas for future practice.
opens on another page
For information about the venue Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
If you have any questions about this event, please email: email@example.com
- Contact Name:
- Jenny Embleton / Debbie Flint
- Contact Telephone:
- 01273 643119
- Contact Email: