Shaping Development Beyond TQEF
- Birmingham City University
- 19 February 2008 13:00-16:30
The Teaching Quality Enhancement Fund (TQEF) runs out in 2009, and increasing competitiveness is also on the cards with the potential raising or removal of the cap on fees in the same year. What will be the impact on the funding and ethos of educational development? Will this mean greater alignment between institutional strategy and academic development?
This SEDA workshop, organised by SEDA’s Professional Development Framework (PDF) and Fellowships Committees provides an opportunity for staff and educational developers from all areas of HE institutions to explore these questions, share ideas and to discuss strategies for dealing with the vision of HE beyond TQEF.
The workshop targets staff and educational developers in education units, those involved in developing academics, and those enhancing teaching and learning strategies for institution of higher education.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To explore options and exchange ideas on the future development of education beyond TQEF
- To explore the impact of this fundamental change for a wide range of education development activity
- To discuss possible strategic approaches and institutional responses for enhancing teaching and learning
- To gain insight from a range of practitioners operating at a variety of levels, to facilitate networking, and to share practice and ideas
- Finally the workshop will allow participants to explore links between educational development and potential opening up of market through the removal of the cap on student fees
A sandwich lunch will be provided at 1.00pm and the workshop will run from 2.00 - 4.30pm. The workshop will begin with two speakers outlining their experience and plans in relation to these issues, followed by small group and plenary discussion. The event cost is £85.