Mentoring and Recognising: an initial and continuing development day
- Woburn House Conference Centre, London WC1H
- 19 April 2010 00:00
- a programme leader of a SEDA-recognised programme?
- interested in becomin a SEDA recogniser or mentor?
- interested in learning more about SEDA recognition of programmes?
- already involved in professional development framework (PDF) recognising or mentoring for SEDA but have not been active in the last 2 years?
If so, this workshop is for you.
SEDA-PDF provides a framework of 16 awards for continuing professional development, each using specific outcomes to address a wide range of activities and roles within institutions. Each award is associated with a specialist development community. SEDA provides support to PDF-recognised institutions and programmes through its community of PDF practitioners.
Aims of the Workshop
- To acquaint those interested and current recognisers and mentors with the processes around SEDA-PDF recognition, which have been updated·
- To familiarise new and existing recognisers and mentors with the outcomes and focus of a growing number of awards·
- To share experience and build confidence in being an effective recogniser or mentor·
- To develop relationships across the SEDA-PDF support community.
- Introduction to participants and the Award Framework·
- SEDA-PDF and the national Professional Standards Framework·
- What is Recognising and Mentoring?·
- What is a Recognition Event?·
- Exploration of practicalities of recognition and mentoring·
- Group activities around individual awards·
- Review and Action Planning
The cost for this event is £40, including lunch.