SAND 2008 - 9th International Animation, Games & SFX Conference
- Taliesin Arts Centre Swansea, and Techium Swansea
- 24 November 2008 00:00 - 28 November 2008 00:00
SAND Papers will be held in the afternoon of Monday 24 November following on from the SAND Business sessions. Details of the final papers will be announced on the SAND website at the beginning of November, once the review process is complete.
Subjects may include:
- Evaluating the ‘Uncanny Valley’ hypothesis within videogames.
- Believability of naturalistic facial expression in animation.
- Machinima as a teaching device.
- The influence of visual design style on play in computer games.
- Digitising traditional Chinese cartoon painting.
- Psychological mechanisms of effective caricature design.
- Serious Games - the use of commercial computer games in defence research and training.
Background information for SAND 2008 event
SAND (Swansea Animation Days) is a five day annual international CGI (computer generated imagery) event including a four day conference, workshops, seminars and film screenings; it is in its ninth year and is tailored primarily for the Creative IP Industries and individuals interested in animation and digital media. SAND was initiated and is organised by Swansea Metropolitan University's School of Digital Media.
Held in Swansea at the Taliesin Arts Centre, Technium Swansea and Swansea Metropolitan University, SAND exists to encourage and harbour an environment and develop the culture of new ideas which come essentially from combining differences. SAND juxtaposes different working perspectives, different theories and applications by people using and developing CGI software in the creative environment.
SAND is made possible by the partnership with the Welsh Assembly Government and the generous support of our sponsors. The SAND events are initiated and organised by Swansea Metropolitan University's School of Digital Media.