Research informed Teaching: Delivering participation, engagement and enquiry
- Staffordshire University
- 14 July 2010 09:30-16:45
The aim of the conference is to bring together practitioners, academics, researchers, students, policy makers and learning support staff to explore the pedagogic issues and policies surrounding the contested notions of Research informed Teaching and the research-teaching nexus in higher education.
Prof. Alan Jenkins, Oxford Brookes University
Prof. Stuart Hampton-Reeves, University of Central Lancashire
Registration 9.30am – 10.00am
Welcome 10.00am – 10.15am
Keynote 1: Alan Jenkins 10.15am – 11.00am
Parallel session 1 11.00am – 12.00pm
Lunch 12.00pm – 1pm
Keynote 2: Stuart Hampton-Reeves 1.00pm – 1.45pm
Parallel session 2 1.45pm – 2.45pm
Break 2.45pm – 3.15pm
Parallel session 3 3.15pm – 3.45pm
Notes from rapporteurs 3.45pm – 4.30pm
Concluding remarks 4.30pm – 4.45pm
Close and depart 4.45
Papers and posters are welcomed on any of the following themes, with an overall focus on Research informed Teaching/ research-teaching nexus in higher education:
- Pedagogies for the research-teaching nexus for example, enquiry/inquiry-based learning
- The student voice in Research informed Teaching
- The role of technology in the research-teaching nexus
- The role of information literacy in the research-teaching nexus
- Reports from Research informed Teaching projects – design and impact
- Fostering communities of practice in Research informed Teaching
- Benchmarking Research informed Teaching
Call for Papers & Posters
Abstracts for the conference to be submitted by FRIDAY FEBRUARY 28, 2010 Notification of acceptance will be made by WEDNESDAY MARCH 31, 2010
Presentations will be 30mins in length, 20mins content plus 10mins for questions
Posters should be A0 in size.
In your abstract please use the following guidelines:
- The title of the presentation or poster
- Indicate clearly which theme(s) it will address
- Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words.
Please visit the following website to submit your abstract: www.staffs.ac.uk/research/research_informed_teaching/events/submissionform/
Papers accepted for this conference will be given the opportunity to submit a full article to a special edition of an HE teaching and learning journal.
Registration is now open.
Please use the online booking form at:
Cost of attendance: £95 (£45 Staffordshire University employees)