Quality and Responding to Employer Needs - Sharing Good Practice
- Lakeside Conference Centre Aston University Aston Triangle Birmigham , England, B4 7ET
- 1 December 2009 00:00
This conference represents one of the outcomes of the partnership between fdf (Foundation Degree Forward), The Higher Education Academy (HEA) and the Quality Assurance Agency(QAA) and is supported by the Higher Education Funding Council England (HEFCE).
This conference builds on a QAA event held in July 2009 where participants were presented with the general findings of a survey into approaches to the quality assurance of employer responsive provision and discussed the contents of a forthcoming QAA publication on this area of activity.
The aims of this conference are:
- to present the QAA survey findings in more detail
- to launch a QAA publication on the quality assurance of employer responsive provision
- to present a range of approaches to quality assurance of employer engagement from 9 HEFCE funded projects that have been identified and supported by the partnership
- to have an understanding of FDFs: Employer Based Training Accreditation(EBTA) scheme
Who should attend:
This conference is designed for HEI dissemination and because the organisers expect a high level of interest they are restricting attendance to a maximum of 2 delegates per institution.
The event will be a combination of presentations of findings and interactive sessions
- the launch of a QAA publication
- an appreciation of the implications for institutions in responding to this agenda
- experience of the range of approaches to the quality assurance of employer engagement and work based learning knowledge of EBTA
Tuesday 1 December, arrival at 10:00am for a 10:30am Start. See the attached document below.
This is a one day conference open to Higher Education practitioners whose remit includes employer engagement and work based learning.