Plagiarism: realities and myths
- Catrin Finch Centre, Glyndŵr University, Wrexham
- 19 April 2011 10:00-15:45
The Higher Education Academy is jointly running this event on the theme of Academic Integrity. This one-day event aims to raise awareness and find possible solutions to the on-going issues and challenges relating to plagiarism and explore the latest thinking with regard to practice in the following areas:
• assessment strategies to minimise plagiarism possibilities
• supporting students’ academic skills development
• improving and implementing policies for unacceptable academic practice
• using text-matching tools effectively.
The organisers are delighted to have Jude Carroll as the Keynote speaker and the event will include sessions and parallel workshops where, through discussion and practice based activities, they will examine issues and possible solutions in an effort to providing consistency across the HE sector.
• Jude Carroll Oxford Brookes University
• Dr Erica Morris Academic Integrity Service, HEA
• Colleagues from Glyndwr University
• Colleagues from HE institutions in Wales