Pathways to Success: Enhancing the research student learning experience
- Mayfield 101, Falmer campus, University of Brighton
- 24 June 2011 10:00-16:00
This one day symposium will explore ways in which to better understand, facilitate and enhance research student learning experiences. It will disseminate work from a current Centre for Learning and Teaching Escalate-funded project, ‘Troublesome Encounters: Strategies to manage the wellbeing of research students in Education.’ The symposium aims to provide a platform to share work, identifying practical strategies for learning enhancement. It will be a developmental and networking opportunity for research students and all those involved in their learning.
- How can we better understand the learning experiences of research students?
- What practical steps can institutions take to enhance research student wellbeing?
- Is the research student learning experience equitable?
- How can we best ensure that research students achieve their potential?
Keynote Speaker: Professor Gina Wisker, Centre for Learning and Teaching, University of Brighton
Guest Speaker: Gill Johnston, Vitae
Other speakers from the University of Brighton:
Dr Joan Williams, Education
Monica Brewis, St Peter’s House Library
Jennie Jones, CLT
Charlotte Morris, CLT
Please book via this link: Booking Form