NIACE Expert Seminar: Improving Formative Assessment
- St John Centre, Bankfield House, 132 New Walk, Leicester LE1 7JA
- 18 September 2008 10:00-15:45
This seminar was organised in May 2008 and was very popular and well received. Due to demand, it is being organised once again. The expert seminar is being organised within the wider context of research and development work about effective formative assessment practices within adult learning.
This seminar will give practitioners an opportunity to learn about effective formative assessment from an expert in the field and consider methods of formative assessment and their practical application.
The event will be of particular interest to all literacy, language and numeracy practitioners, teacher educators and trainers.
Kathryn Ecclestone’s recent research project “Improving Formative Assessment ” makes a strong case for the importance of effective formative assessment practices in teaching and learning. They make a tangible difference to learners’ achievement. However, formative assessment skills are not always included in teacher education programmes and practitioners may lack confidence in using formative assessment practices as a result.
The event aims to:
- inform participants about effective approaches to formative assessment
- inform participants about recent research into effective formative assessment practice
- provide participants with a lively and inspiring seminar
Participants fee: £129.00 (includes lunch, tea/coffee. NIACE does not charge VAT on conferences)