Media Education Summit 2009
- Liverpool John Moores University
- 8 September 2009 00:00 - 9 September 2009 00:00
The organisers are pleased to invite you to attend the Media Education Summit 2009 and to call for proposals for creative contributions, papers and posters. This conference builds on last year's highly successful inaugural meeting which attracted over 140 delegates from 68 Higher Education Institutions, as well as representatives from government agencies.
This event is organised by The Centre for Excellence in Media Practice-Bournemouth University, hosted by Liverpool John Moores University and supported by Skillset, the Art, Design and Media Higher Education Subject Centre, the North West Regional Development Agency and Northwest Vision & Media.
- Digital Britain - implications for HE
- The Media Studies 2.0 debate
- Employer engagement
- 14-19 educational reform
- The Relationship between theory and practice
- Assessing media learning - the categorisation of creativity and originality
- The Media teacher / academic as researcher / academic as practitioner
- Students reflecting on their creative practice
- Jeff Jarvis, Professor and Director of the Interactive Journalism Programme at the City University of New York
- Michael Wesch, Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology at Kansas State University, USA
- Tom Loosemore, Head of 4iP
- Prof Stephen Heppell, The Centre for Excellence in Media Practice
Fees: Early Bird £155 (before 31st May), Full Rate £195 (after 31st May)
Call for Creative Contributions, Papers and Poster Presentations
Proposals for short screenings, papers, posters, foyer demonstrations and performances related to the conference theme are invited. Please submit short proposals (up to 500 words plus other artefacts or information as relevant) by 31st May 2009.
There will be designated time to enable poster presenters to share their work in person. The poster session allows a more interactive forum for communication and collaborative discussion. The poster presenter must be present during the period assigned for discussion.
Please send proposals and any queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can be found at www.cemp.ac.uk/summit together with information on how to register to attend.
Please click on the following link to hear or read the podcasts of the presentations given at the event:www.cemp.ac.uk/summit/presentations-podcasts.html