Learning what works - learning at work in Sussex
- across Sussex - see individual conference pages for more details
- 20 June 2007 08:45 - 21 June 2007 16:00
The second annual conference of the Sussex Learning Network, Learning what works - learning at work in Sussex, has something for everyone with an interest in vocational learning. It is open to learners, employers and practitioners who are welcome to attend one or both days. It is entirely free and is part of our commitment to provide opportunities for all to share good practice and shape the future of the SLN and its activities.
Day one explores "what works in Sussex". On offer is an innovative menu of six separate conferences at different locations in or near Brighton. Each one focuses on a particular area of the curriculum. The events are being organised by staff working in further and higher education in Sussex and each conference will concentrate on different themes.
The six conferences running on day one are:
- Making it in the Creative Industries (Creative Arts and New Media)
- The Foundation Degree in Biosciences: a flexible approach to learning
- Building communities (Community Practice)
- Supporting vocational learning in social care (Health and Social Care)
- Developing, supporting, informing (Travel, Tourism, Retail and Hospitality)
- Creating the workforce legacy (Sport and Leisure)
On day two attention turns to "learning at work in Sussex". This conference, which is being held at the Bramber Conference Centre at the University of Sussex, takes as its starting point the Leitch Report. In his report, Lord Leitch argues that people should have more opportunities to develop their careers in the workplace. These opportunities should extend from apprenticeships, to degrees and programmes for those leading and managing organisations. Yet how much do we know about work based or related learning? What do employers, learners and those offering advice make of the provision?
If these questions interest you then the second day of the Sussex Learning Network conference is the place to be.
There is no charge for any of these conferences which are part of the Sussex Learning Network’s development programme. You are welcome to come to both days.
Staff Development Assistant
Sussex Learning Network
Sussex Innovation Centre, Science Park Square
Falmer, Brighton BN1 9SB
- Contact Name:
- Moira Monk
- Contact Telephone:
- 01273 876766
- Contact Email: