Learning together to deliver an inclusive curriculum
- Aberystwyth University, Upper Dining Room, Penbryn Residence, Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth , Wales, SY23 3DD
- 8 July 2008 09:30-12:30
Disability Equality Partnership, Inclusive policy and practice: Research Seminar Series
Learning together to deliver an inclusive curriculum, by Caryl Davis and colleagues
Details of the research to be presented:
In 2007, Student Support Services at Aberystwyth University, in conjunction with four cross faculty academic departments, began an inclusive curriculum pilot project with funds from the University’s Learning and Teaching Enhancement Fund.
The project follows and supports the four academic departments as they undertake a critical but constructive self audit of their teaching and learning as it impacts on disabled students.
As the pilot project nears its close this seminar will draw on the experiences of those individuals and departments participating in the project and the lessons learned.
- the training needs/skills of participating individuals;
- the mechanisms available to undertake the audit;
- the factors which enable or inhibit participation and progress;
- key issues which impact on individual subject areas/faculties in their approach;
- the existing structures/mechanisms available to embed inclusive teaching at both a departmental and institutional level.
There are 30 free-of-charge places available for this seminar, and these will be allocated on a strictly first-come-first served basis. You should await confirmation of a place before attending.
To reserve your place, please email email@example.com by 12.00pm Tuesday 1st July 2008. Please indicate if you have any accessibility or dietary requirements at the time of booking. Please also mention if you would prefer the presentations to be delivered in Welsh.
- Contact Email: