Learning Through Enquiry Alliance Conference 2009
- University of Reading
- 14 July 2009 00:00 - 15 July 2009 00:00
The LTEA (www.ltea.ac.uk/) is an alliance of seven CETLs with a strong collective interest in enquiry-based learning and links between teaching and research. They are pleased to announce their 4th annual conference, to be held at the University of Reading, 14-15 July 2009.
The aim of the conference will be to bring together diverse perspectives on enquiry-based learning, showcasing the varied approaches to engaging students and the impact on their learning experiences. They will also be focusing on the staff perspective of using enquiry-based learning in the curriculum. The conference will provide the opportunity to exchange research and practice and enable participants to make new connections with each other across disciplines, professional roles and institutions.
The conference includes:
Keynote by Prof. Phil Race on 'How Does Learning Happen'
- Improving feedback (Phil Race),
- Designing and assessing enquiry based learning (Phil Levy, CiLASS,Univ. of Sheffield)
- Three dimensions of collaborative learning (Oscar van den Wijngaard & Wilfred van Dellen, University College Maastricht)
- Aligning collaborative learning theory with technology (Adele Aubrey & Peter Whitton, CEEBL, University of Manchester)
Papers in parallel sessions grouped into the following themes:
- Academic literacy
- Enquiry-based learning case studies
- Technology enhanced enquiry
- Enquiry-based learning and policy
Registration deadline: 30 June 2009
Register online now at: www.reading.ac.uk/ltea2009
The conference fee is £120 per delegate (£100 for speakers).
The Learning through Enquiry Alliance are:
- CETL-AURS: CETL in Applied Undergraduate Research Skills, University of Reading
- Centre for Excellence in Enquiry-Based Learning (CEEBL), The University of Manchester
- Centre for Inquiry-based Learning in the Arts and Social Sciences(CILASS), The University of Sheffield
- Centre for Excellence in Professional Training and Education (SCEPTrE), University of Surrey
- The Reinvention Centre for Undergraduate Research, The University of Warwick & Oxford Brookes University
- Centre for Active Learning (CeAL), University of Gloucestershire
- Centre For Promoting Learner Autonomy (CPLA), Sheffield HallamUniversity