Ist Conference: Education in Design – AGRAFA 2007
- Roundabout Gallery of Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, Poland
- 10 December 2007 00:00 - 12 December 2007 00:00
The Faculty of Graphic Art, Painting and Design of Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice cordially invite all Design Teachers, Researchers, Students, Alumni and Professionals to participate in their 1st Conference.
Mission and focus
This conference focuses on ‘Basics’ in education of graphic design and needs of changes in design education.
AGRAFA will bring together international group of academic scholars, students and professionals. They invite all interested in changes and discussion to participate in forum of learning and discussion. The main objective of AGRAFA is to think about our own teaching and research practices, the characteristics that define contemporary design, the current and future practices of graphic design, and the evolution of its teaching and learning.
Conference highlights include:
- Opening lecture by Fritz Friedl
- Discussions moderated by Wolfgang Weingart
- Lectures by Rudi Baur, Verena Gerlach, Gerry Leonidas, Jacek Mrowczyk, David Skopec
- Workshops and Demonstrations by Apple Macintosh, Adobe, Wacom, Sony
- 20 sessions at the three days conference
- Keynote and Plenary presentations
- Exhibition of awarded Competition of Student`s Design “Agrafa 2007”
The Conference takes place in Katowice – the capital of the Silesia Region – and is related to a presentation of works awarded in the International Competition of Students Design “Agrafa 2007”. It gives a unique opportunity to drawn on the knowledge and insight of some of the international leading young creators. It gives opportunity for disscusion about education and results for all those involved in the craft, business, or technology of graphic design. They include educators, employers, managers, students and professionals.
Faculty of Graphic Art, Painting and Design of Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice is organising the AGRAFA Conference in co-operation with such partners:
Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw
Academy of Fine Arts in Lodz
Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow
Academy of Fine Arts in Poznan
Academy of Fine Arts in Wroclaw
Academy of Fine Arts in Gdansk
KSK Sp. z o.o.