International Perspectives on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- University College Cork
- 9 November 2007 00:00 - 10 November 2007 00:00
The Irish National Academy for Integrating Research and Teaching and Learning (NAIRTL) together with the Irish Universities Quality Board (IUQB) will host a conference in University College Cork on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th November 2007.
The conference promises to be a very interesting event with speakers including:
- Prof. Áine Hyland, Chair, International Advisory Board, NAIRTL, Ireland
- Prof. Mick Healey, Director, Centre for Active Learning, University of Gloucestershire, U.K.
- Dr. Barbara Cambridge, Past-President, International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, USA
- Prof. Andrea Nolan, University of Glasgow, and Chair, Research-Teaching Linkages Enhancement Theme, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, Scotland
- Prof. Orlando Taylor, Vice-Provost for Research and Dean of the Graduate School, Howard University, Washington, and co-chair of the Centre for the Integration of Research and Teaching and Learning, coordinated by the University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Prof. Jean Brihault, former President, University of Rennes, France and a member of the EUA Institutional Evaluation Team
The conference will be preceded by an International Symposium on Graduate Education, sponsored by NAIRTL, the IUQB and Ionad Bairre (Centre for Teaching and Learning), University College Cork.
A poster session will accompany the conference. Posters are invited on any topic related to aspects of teaching and learning. Abstracts should be submitted to Dr. Norma Ryan, Director, NAIRTL and Quality Promotion Unit, UCC; email email@example.com by Friday 2nd November 2007.