Innovative Assessment: Optimising your time and effort
- 27 November 2007 00:00
Workshop led by Cordelia Bryan
If assessment is to enhance the learning process, it requires us to constantly rethink our strategies. This is especially true if we subscribe to the view that:
- assessment frames all learning
- assessment creates learning activity and
- assessment orientates all aspects of learning behaviour
This workshop, will explore the 11 conditions under which assessment supports learning , focusing specifically on those relating to feedback. Workshops will address questions such as:
- How can I ensure optimum quantity and timing of feedback?
- How can I ensure optimum quality of feedback?How can I know that students have engaged with feedback?
- How can I do all this within an increasingly busy schedule?
Participants will be invited to share their own specific assessment issues and work to find creative solutions within a collaborative and co-operative environment.