Improving Teaching: Enhancing Learning
- QEII Conference Centre, Westminster, London
- 24 November 2008 00:05 - 25 November 2008 00:05
This autumn, 800 practitioners, policy makers and researchers will meet to discuss the implications of contemporary national education research and development programmes.
Since 2000, the Teaching and Learning Research Programme (TLRP), based at the Institute of Education, University of London, has supported over 700 researchers to work with practitioners and policy makers in exploring key issues in school, further, higher, workplace and lifelong learning. In collaboration with partner organisations, the Programme’s innovative outcomes are now available for public debate and practical application.
The event also demonstrates how complementary UK educational organisations can contribute to evidence-informed professionalism to improve teaching and enhance learning for the 21st century.
Improving Teaching: Enhancing Learning will foreground two contrasting, yet mutually reinforcing, sources of research evidence about learning and teaching:
- the outputs of the Teaching and Learning Research Programme (TLRP)
- the achievements of practitioners undertaking research and development work in schools, FE, HE and beyond as part of programmes run by national agencies, subject associations, learned societies and other UK educational organisations.
Day 1: Schools, 14-19 and Further Education co-organised with NTRP
Day 2: Higher and Workplace Education and Lifelong Learning co-organised with HEA and JISC
Highlights will include:
- Keynotes from leading practitioners, researchers and policy-makers
- Workshops and seminars presented by researchers based in school, further and higher institutions and workplaces on key issues in learning and teaching
- Exhibitions where you can find out more about research and the use of evidence from key UK organisations
- The Research Café where you can attend surgeries with practitioner and academic researchers to discuss findings and network with colleagues over coffee
- Interactive Zone where you can use research-based tools, games, protocols and materials to understand and apply key findings
- Publications from TLRP and others in the form of research briefings, commentaries, journals, books, presentations and posters
As well as reviewing what we think we know now about learning and teaching, the event will also pose the question: what do practitioners and policy makers really need to know next?
It is anticipated that most people will attend for one day only. There are no charges.
Places have been reserved for practitioners, policy-makers, researchers and others, but are limited. This conference is by invitation only. Invitations wil be sent out in early autumn to selected candidates who have entered an expression of interest.
- Contact Name:
- James O'Toole
- Contact Telephone:
- 020 7911 5577