HE in FE culture and experience: a partnership perspective
- University of Warwick
- 30 March 2009 00:00 - 31 March 2009 00:00
The conference will bring together a wealth of strategic and organisational learning from seven HE in FE partnerships and give participants the opportunity to debate, share ideas and make contacts that will help them shape the future of their HE in FE partnerships.
The current national agendas and drivers for the development of HE in FE provide a wide variety of challenging questions for partnerships. This conference is about the answers that are within the gift of HE in FE partnerships. Participants will learn how partnerships of different sizes and configurations have, and are, tackling strategic challenges. Topics will include quality, support for research and scholarly activity and curriculum design and delivery in the workplace and online.
The conference is a collaborative event organised by the University of Plymouth Colleges Higher Education Learning Partnerships [HELP] CETL, the University of Central Lancashire, Staffordshire University, the University of Huddersfield, Leeds Metropolitan University, the University of Bedfordshire and the University of Portsmouth.
The keynote will be given by Professor Gareth Parry, from the School of Education at the University of Sheffield.
The conference is built around four interactive sessions that allow participants to engage with aspects of strategic HE in FE partnership practice concerning:
- The creation, operation and future of HE in FE partnerships
- The quality and style of HE in FE learning spaces and facilities
- The HE in FE experience and culture for staff
- The HE in FE experience and culture for students.
As well as these sessions, there will be plenty of opportunities to network with colleagues working in similar environments or tackling similar challenges.
The target audience comprises those in a position to influence HE in FE practice within their College, HEI or partnership network, including:
- College and HEI senior managers with a responsibility for collaborative HE in FE provision
- College and HEI middle managers e.g. curriculum area leaders and programme managers
- College and HEI staff involved in the design, delivery, support and management of HE in FE programmes including progression arrangements
- Staff from institutions with a remit to support HE in FE e.g. HEFCE, FDF, HEA [especially Subject Centre HE in FE specialists], QAA. JISC
- Others with an interest in the educational research and development work undertaken by either the HELP CETL or within the wider HE in FE arena
The conference may also be of interest to academic, research and support staff engaged in collaborative work across HE in FE partnerships.
Conference registration will commence 1 September 2008
For more information please contact Christine Smart, Operations Manager: Higher Education Learning Partnerships [HELP] CETL