Getting There by Degrees: Fast Track Degrees and Flexible Learning Conference
- University of Plymouth (Robbins Conference Centre)
- 18 June 2010 09:30-16:00
Higher Education is being asked to become “faster” and “more flexible” and to explore alternative forms of provision, such as two-year degrees and a strengthened commitment to short courses, CPD and up-skilling. These agendas featured prominently in Peter Mandelson’s BIS document on “Higher Ambitions”. This conference will explore the implications of these developments and identify the likely opportunities and challenges.
This will be the first national conference with a focus on two-year degrees and one of the first to consider progress in the post-Leitch agenda. Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from some of the leading figures in these areas and to benefit from their experiences and insights. The programme will include keynotes and workshops from senior colleagues at HEFCE and from universities which are among the leaders in fast-track and flexible learning.
- Dr Anna Sherratt, Senio Higher Education Policy Adviser at HEFCE
- Aileen Hammersley, Director of the School of Flexible and Partnership Learning, University of Derby
- Dawn Whitmore, Head of the University of Derby Corporate
- Hugh Joslin, Student Services Manager/Academic Director
Attendance is free of charge.
Further information and registration can be found on the website.