Future Learning Spaces
- Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland
- 27 September 2011 09:00 - 30 September 2011 12:30
7th annual Designs on E-learning 2011 conference
The notion of space regains fresh momentum every time we interact with the world around us. As mobile devices weave into the fabric of everyday life, we are no longer confined to a specific location, time and place in accessing and interacting with communications technologies. Interfaces become more adaptable and fluid according to the user’s needs; capable of switching seamlessly between augmented, real and virtual information and communication techniques and practices.
The conference will be exploring future learning spaces, from four different perspectives, each led by an expert innovator.
- Michel Bauwens will visualise networked spaces.
- Ben Betts will envisage social spaces for dialog and debate.
- Stephanie Rothenberg will be exploring open experimental spaces.
- Mauri Ylä-Kotola will analyse institutional spaces.
The conference is intended to be innovative, exploratory, challenging and entertaining. The format of the conference is designed to break through existing conventions. There will be four weeks of online discussion prior to the conference.