SEDA Professional Development Framework Mentoring and Recognising: an initial and continuing development day
- Woburn House, London
- 20 April 2011 00:00
Invitation to become an active member of the SEDA-PDF Community
Recognising on SEDA-PDF Awards
If you are: a Programme Leader of a SEDA-recognised programme; interested in becoming a SEDA recogniser or mentor; interested in learning more about SEDA recognition of programmes; already involved in PDF recognising or mentoring for SEDA but have not been trained in the last 2 years? If so, this workshop may be of interest to you.
SEDA-PDF provides a framework of 16 awards for continuing professional development, each using specific outcomes to address a wide range of activities and roles within institutions. Each award is associated with a specialist development community. SEDA provides support to PDF-recognised institutions and programmes through its community of PDF practitioners.
The Aims of the Workshop are:
- To acquaint those interested and current recognisers and mentors with the processes around SEDA-PDF recognition, which have been updated·
- To familiarise new and existing recognisers and mentors with the outcomes and focus of a growing number of awards·
- To share experience and build confidence in being an effective recogniser or mentor·
- To develop relationships across the SEDA-PDF support community.
- Introduction to participants and the Award Framework·
- SEDA-PDF and the national Professional Standards Framework·
- What is Recognising and Mentoring?
- What is a Recognition Event?
- Exploration of practicalities of recognition and mentoring·
- Group activities around individual awards·
- Review and Action Planning
The cost for this event is £40, including lunch.