Institutional Policies and Procedures for managing Student Plagiarism
- Oxford Brookes University, Buckley Building, Headingly Campus, Gipsy Lane, Oxford
- 9 June 2011 09:30-16:30
This one day event, organised by ASKe*, will explore current issues and strategies for managing student plagiarism in higher education. It will focus on implementing policies and procedures, as well as looking at staff development matters and student perspectives. There will be opportunities to discuss current concerns, share good practice and consider future directions.
Keynote speakers are:
Teddi Fishman, Director, International Center for Academic Integrity, USA
Janette Ryan, Project Director, Teaching International Students Project, UK
There will also be a range of workshop sessions both morning and afternoon, as well as networking opportunities and resources.
Topics covered will include:
- Reviewing and developing institutional policies
- International perspectives
- Addressing student diversity
- Student and staff perceptions of policies and practice
- Effective use of text matching software
Who should attend?
- Senior managers
- Those working in academic registry or quality enhancement areas
- Student services managers, student support professionals
- Educational developers
- Academic conduct officers
- Anyone with an interest in student plagiarism
* Assessment Standards Knowledge exchange (ASKe) was established as a Centre for Excellence in Teaching and
Learning (CETL) based at Oxford Brookes University Business School. ASKe’s work continues in conjunction with the newly formed Oxford Brookes Business School Pedagogy Research Centre.