Dispostitions to Learn and Student Success
- Northumbria University, Great Hall, Sutherland Building
- 4 December 2009 11:00-13:30
This seminar is part of the Research Seminar Series 2009: Access and Success for All and will draw on pilot research across HE in 2007/8 and current HEFCE and Paul Hamlyn funded research into student retention.
The seminar will explore:
- The notions of the ‘strong’ and the ‘weak’ student in HE;
- Professional legitimacy in relation to student development in HE;
- Learning and teaching strategies for student success.
Qualitative research findings on the value of this process for staff and students will be presented and participants will be encouraged to consider strategies for developing effective lifelong learners.
Bookings: go to www.northumbria.ac.uk/dispositions