Collaborative action research: exploring the complexities of students' expectations and experiences of widening participation
- Newman University College
- 11 November 2009 12:00-16:00
The Higher Education Academy and Newman University College would like to invite you to the above research seminar, which is part of Research Seminar Series 2009: Access and Success for All. Details of the Series are available at: www.heacademy.ac.uk/ourwork/learning/national_research_seminar
Details of the above seminar including abstract, speakers and bookings are available at: www.heacademy.ac.uk/resources/detail/RSS_Newman_111109
This seminar investigates how the processes and outcomes of collaborative action research can be used to:
- Present the initial findings of widening participation amongst the first cohort of students;
- Reflect on how the action research can be used to inform strategy and how the methods can be adopted by the other institutions;
- Identify and explore the implications of developing the research capacity of the ‘student voice’ for institutional strategies and practices.
- Professor Stan Tucker, Dean of School of Community and Professional Studies
- Dr Dave Trotman, Head of Education Studies
- Representatives of the 10 members of staff from Education and Professional Studies
30 free places are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To book a place, please email Carol Millington directly.
- Contact Name:
- Carol Millington
- Contact Email: