ceth Conference 2010: Employability in the Curriculum: Beyond the Bolt-on?
- University of Central Lancashire
- 22 June 2010 09:30 - 23 June 2010 16:10
Ceth, the Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Employability are the organisers of this conference.
How far can employability really be addressed within your subject? Is it best left to the “experts” and delivered through provision additional to the discipline? Whether you are teacher in Astrophysics or Zoology and everything in-between, it is a question we are all facing as strategies for student and graduate employability become explicit parts of HE agenda.
The role of the subject teacher in this issue is a major focus of the June 2010 Conference, “Employability in the Curriculum; Beyond the Bolt-on?” You are warmly invited to attend what promises to be an informative and stimulating conference featuring not only the key-note speakers but also wide ranging contributions from across the whole of the UK.
- • Jan Truszczynski, Director General of the European Commission's Directorate for Education and Training
- Professor Ronald Barnett, Institute of Education, London
- Professor Freda Tallantyne, Higher Education Academy
- Professor Lee Harvey, Copenhagen Business School
- Professor Tony Watts, National Institute for Careers Education and Counselling, Cambridge
- Embedding Employability in Non-Vocational Disciplines
- Evaluation and Impact
- Employer, Community and Alumni Engagement
- Teaching, Identifying and Assessing Employability Skills
- Learning spaces and real/realistic work environments
- Work Based Learning
Full details of the Conference are attached or can be viewed on the conference website.
- Contact Email: