BUFVC's Learning on Screen Conference 2010
- Old Lecture Theatre, Open University in Milton Keynes
- 27 April 2010 11:00 - 28 April 2010 14:30
Themes to be explored by LoS 2010:
- how to take lecture capture beyond the mundane?
- how best to use video conferencing and online meeting spaces in teaching, assessment and collaboration while retaining the energy of live discussion?
- how can existing resources be reused and released openly and sustainably?
- how ‘open’ can universities afford to be with course content that may be subject to licensing and copyright?
- as more institutions deliver their course material as an ‘open resource’ is there a business case to be made for giving materials away and is iTunesU bringing real benefits, if so how?
Who should attend Learning on Screen 2010?
Teaching staff, researchers, curriculum professionals, librarians, copyright officers, media services and IT staff who need to be aware of the issues raised by delivering educational resources beyond the campus (both in the UK and abroad).