Ascilite 2008 Conference
- Institute of Teaching and Learning, Deakin University, Melbourne Australia
- 30 November 2008 00:00 - 3 December 2008 00:00
The ascilite 2008 conference theme is 'Hello! Where are you in the landscape of educational technology?'
Don't miss out on early bird registration for the conference, visit: www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/melbourne08/register.htm
Keynote presenters include: Associate Professor Piet Kommers, Associate Professor Gary Poole and Dr Michelle Selinger.
Piet Kommers is Associate Professor in the Faculty of Behavioral Sciences, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands. His Keynote presentation focuses on: Mobile and virtual presence in the learning community.
Gary Poole is a member of the Department of Health Care and Epidemiology at the University of British Columbia. His Keynote presentation focuses on: A place to call a learning home.
Michelle Selinger joined Cisco in 2001 and in 2007 moved to Australia from Europe to join Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group Public Sector team for Asia-Pacific as Director of Education. Her Keynote presentation focuses on: Through the looking glass.
Full papers, concise papers, posters and workshops will reflect on past and current conceptions of the nature and dynamics of the educational technology landscape in relation to the following themes:
- Leading for unknown futures - who leads and for what purposes in the changing landscape?
- The emergence of Web 2.0 in the educational technology landscape - everybody's talking, is anyone learning?
- Who owns educational technology in the changing landscape - closed systems, open source, many agendas?
- How can students, educators, researchers and institutions act with integrity online in the educational technology landscape?
- What does it mean to be an online scholar in the educational technology landscape - who, what, when, where, how and why?
- Generation Why? Educational technology enabling learning for all students in the landscape.
- What are the changing relationships between people, the virtual and the physical, and objects in the educational technology landscape?
- The internationalisation and globalisation of the educational technology landscape - how far, how effectively, for what purposes?
- What counts as innovation in the educational technology landscape?
You are invited to develop proposals for full papers, concise papers, posters and workshops for ascilite 2008. The submission deadlines are:
Deadline for full and concise papers - 30 July 2008
Deadline for all workshop proposals - 30 July 2008
Deadline for all poster proposals - 15 October 2008
- Contact Email: