ALT-C 2009: "In dreams begins responsibility" - choice, evidence, and change
- University of Manchester
- 8 September 2009 09:00 - 10 September 2009 18:30
Learning technologies and learning technologists are now at the heart of modern learning, and yet our community still faces many challenges, for example:
- learning from history to build on past gains and avoid previous mistakes;
- spreading innovations that are of true value, rather than mere fads;
- redesigning pedagogy, the curriculum, and assessment methods to secure a substantial positive impact on learning;
- ensuring cost effectiveness by various means, from working effectively at a large scale, to supporting peer-assisted learning cultures;
- developing a research culture that informs practice, and a culture of practice that uses research evidence.
To rise to these challenges, we must dream and act on our dreams, but evidence must justify the choices we make. ALT-C 2009 will provide a broad forum for practitioners, researchers and policy-makers from all sectors to explore, reflect, and learn.
Confirmed invited speakers include: Jonathan Drori, Heather Fry, Diana Laurillard, Matthew McFall, David Kennedy, Richard Noss, Vanessa Pittard, Aaron Porter and David Price.
The Association for Learning Technology (ALT) is the leading UK body bringing together practitioners, researchers, and policy makers in learning technology.