2010 Technical, Laboratory and Support Staff Annual Conference
- School of Human and Life Sciences, Whitelands College, Roehampton University
- 2 June 2010 09:45-16:45
21st Century Universities – New roles, new responsibilities for Technical, Laboratory and Support Staff?
The Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit of Roehampton University is pleased to announce a day conference for technical, laboratory and support / IT staff .There will be a particular focus on the way in which support staff are playing an increasingly important role in the delivery of taught sessions and workshops /practicals.
The aim of this lively and interesting annual event is to enable staff with technical, laboratory and / or support roles to share innovation and good practice, and to enable networking opportunities with colleagues from other settings. At last year's event, they welcomed delegates from more than 16 UK and Irish universities. Academic and administrative staff are also warmly invited to attend.
The programme will run from 9.45am to 3.45pm, and will include two keynote talks, as well as workshops and activities. They will be running workshops on a range of issues related to supporting learning and teaching in higher education, including:
- Working with international students – challenges and opportunities
- Video-conferencing for beginners
- Training programmes and staff development opportunities – what do staff want?
- Supporting students and staff with multi-format coursework
- Innovative e-learning ideas to support learning and teaching
- Running your own workshops and presentations
- Learning support in higher education for students with disabilities
- Listening to the “student voice”
- Learning, teaching and assessment in higher education
- Display and resources area, including representation from the AUA ,SEDA and HEATeD
If you are interested in running or contributing to a workshop or seminar session, the organisers would be pleased to talk to you. Deadline for papers is 10 May 2010.
Cost for delegates: £38 ( free for presenters / workshop organisers /Roehampton Staff)
- Contact Name:
- Bridget Middlemas
- Contact Telephone:
- 020 8392 3499
- Contact Email: