2009 Technical, Laboratory and Support Staff Conference
- School of Health and Life Sciences, Roehampton University
- 3 June 2009 09:30-15:30
Enhancing the student learning experience
We are pleased to confirm that we will be organising a day conference for technical, laboratory and support / IT staff at Roehampton University. There will be a particular focus on the themes of our newly launched 2009-2012 Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy, which emphasises the enhancement of the learning experience through a creative, attractive, inclusive and accessible curriculum that promotes student success.
The aim of the event is to enable staff with technical, laboratory and / or support roles to share innovation and good practice, and to enable networking opportunities with colleagues from other settings. Academic staff are also warmly invited to attend.
The programme will include two keynote talks, as well as workshops and activities. The organisers will be running workshops on a range of issues related to supporting learning and teaching in higher education, including:
- Innovative e-learning ideas to support learning and teaching
- Working with disabled students
- Running your own workshops and presentations
- Contributing to an inclusive and accessible curriculum
- Listening to the “student voice”
- Learning, teaching and assessment in higher education
- Display and resources area
The organisers invite you to express your interest in running or contributing to a workshop or seminar session.
Please contact Bridget Middlemas for an application form or further details about this event.
- Contact Name:
- Bridget Middlemas
- Contact Email: